Carrot oil has numerous benefits such as building soft supple skin, protection of the skin from the effect of chemicals, sunlight and the weather. Carrot oil also aids in hair growth, prevents hair breakage and softens hair texture. It also has anti-aging effects, help to maintain blood circulation and naturally aids skin lightening. In cases of eczema, psoriasis and any skin irritation, carrot oil can serves as a first aid for elimination.
In this article, I'm gonno explain the procedure for the preparation of carrot oil by a process called masceration.
- Vegetable peeler
- Fine mesh or filter cloth
- Glass jar/bottle
- Carrots of course
- Oil of your choice (coconut, olive, sesame or almond oil)
- Peel off the skin of the carrot
- Grate the carrot with a grater
- Place the grated carrot in a glass jar and pour in the oil of your choice to cover the carrot entirely.
- Place the jar in a place when it can be generously heated by the Sun or on the back of your refrigerator for 2 weeks (I know right....it's quite long)-This is called masceration.
- Ensure you shake the bottle every day for the beta-carotene and fat soluble to dissolve in the oil
- Afterwards, when the oil has completely turned orange (That's after the two weeks) filter the now carrot oil into another bottle and store in a cool dry place.
Lol, congratulations!!!! You'll have your brand new carrot oil